Welcome to where I am, where my kitchen's always messy, a pot's (or a poet) always about to boil over, a dog is always begging to be fed. Drafts of poems on the counter. Windows filled with leaves. Wind. Clouds moving over the mountains. If you like poetry, books, and music--especially dog howls when a siren unwinds down the hill-- you'll like it here.


MY NEW AUTHOR'S SITE, KATHRYNSTRIPLINGBYER.COM, THAT I MYSELF SET UP THROUGH WEEBLY.COM, IS NOW UP. I HAD FUN CREATING THIS SITE AND WOULD RECOMMEND WEEBLY.COM TO ANYONE INTERESTED IN SETTING UP A WEBSITE. I INVITE YOU TO VISIT MY NEW SITE TO KEEP UP WITH EVENTS RELATED TO MY NEW BOOK.


MY NC POET LAUREATE BLOG, MY LAUREATE'S LASSO, WILL REMAIN UP AS AN ARCHIVE OF NC POETS, GRADES K-INFINITY! I INVITE YOU TO VISIT WHEN YOU FEEL THE NEED TO READ SOME GOOD POEMS.

VISIT MY NEW BLOG, MOUNTAIN WOMAN, WHERE YOU WILL FIND UPDATES ON WHAT'S HAPPENING IN MY KITCHEN, IN THE ENVIRONMENT, IN MY IMAGINATION, IN MY GARDEN, AND AMONG MY MOUNTAIN WOMEN FRIENDS.




Thursday, January 7, 2010

Riding in Cars With Dogs

On my last trip home to SW Georgia for the Campbell Christmas reunion, we decided to take two of our dogs with us, Lord Byron (who wanders off the the Pizza Hut and laundromat if left outside) and Ace of Dogs. We knew the temps would fall into the teens while we were gone, and we were sure our big bear of a dog Bro and the smaller one, Pooja, would have the sense to sleep inside the garage. Byron and Ace were great traveling companions. Here are a couple of photos I took of them on the drive back to North Carolina.



Of course Byron expected to ride with me in the front passenger seat, on a pillow no less!



Ace had to make do with the back seat.

Once home, we built a fire in the woodstove and, you betcha, fed all the dogs.

6 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Love that first shot! All three of you look so happy.

Glenda Council Beall said...

I take my Rocky with me when I travel and he is such a good dog. But I have a cat and WOW, traveling with her is the PITS!
Love the photos.

Jessie Carty said...

what cuties :)

my first cat was good at traveling in the car but my current cats are not! we have to get pet sitters. good thing someone who i went to grad school with lives in my neighborhood with two very helpful daughters!

Anonymous said...

Depending on the kind of car you're in, it could be dangerous to let the dog in the front seat with you. If the air bag goes off it could injure the dog. Same reason as not letting small children sit in your lap or in the front seat. Just something to consider for your situation.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Kay,
I love the photos of your dogs. I like animals very much especially dogs. Sounds like you all had a fun time traveling.

Anonymous said...

Lucky dogs! And lucky you for having and sharing time with them. Having just lost our border collie Gipper this morning to a tragic accident, your pictures are especially poignant to me now.
Julia Nunnally Duncan