Welcome to where I am, where my kitchen's always messy, a pot's (or a poet) always about to boil over, a dog is always begging to be fed. Drafts of poems on the counter. Windows filled with leaves. Wind. Clouds moving over the mountains. If you like poetry, books, and music--especially dog howls when a siren unwinds down the hill-- you'll like it here.


MY NEW AUTHOR'S SITE, KATHRYNSTRIPLINGBYER.COM, THAT I MYSELF SET UP THROUGH WEEBLY.COM, IS NOW UP. I HAD FUN CREATING THIS SITE AND WOULD RECOMMEND WEEBLY.COM TO ANYONE INTERESTED IN SETTING UP A WEBSITE. I INVITE YOU TO VISIT MY NEW SITE TO KEEP UP WITH EVENTS RELATED TO MY NEW BOOK.


MY NC POET LAUREATE BLOG, MY LAUREATE'S LASSO, WILL REMAIN UP AS AN ARCHIVE OF NC POETS, GRADES K-INFINITY! I INVITE YOU TO VISIT WHEN YOU FEEL THE NEED TO READ SOME GOOD POEMS.

VISIT MY NEW BLOG, MOUNTAIN WOMAN, WHERE YOU WILL FIND UPDATES ON WHAT'S HAPPENING IN MY KITCHEN, IN THE ENVIRONMENT, IN MY IMAGINATION, IN MY GARDEN, AND AMONG MY MOUNTAIN WOMEN FRIENDS.




Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Previews of Coming Attractions

I am rich in poets, if not in love ( tipping my hat to Josephine Humphreys for her novel, Rich In Love...), and I plan to introduce them over the next several weeks to readers of my blog. I will preview some of them beforehand, to whet your appetite, so today, let me begin with my friend Nancy Simpson. I met Nancy years ago when my daughter was only a few months old. She invited me to Hayesville to read, and of course I went, babe in arms, to the reading, where I met not only Nancy but also other writers who have been my friends for thirty years--Steve Harvey, Janice Townley Moore, Bettie Sellers, among others.
Here is Nancy, sitting on her porch with her dog Sasha. We read together last week at Campbell Folk School in Brasstown, for the NC Arts Council's Board of Directors.



Nancy has two manuscripts of poetry in circulation. Living Above the Frost Line is the one from which I'll be choosing poems to share with you. I find these poems both passionate and tightly controlled. I hope this manuscript finds a publisher soon.

No comments: