Welcome to where I am, where my kitchen's always messy, a pot's (or a poet) always about to boil over, a dog is always begging to be fed. Drafts of poems on the counter. Windows filled with leaves. Wind. Clouds moving over the mountains. If you like poetry, books, and music--especially dog howls when a siren unwinds down the hill-- you'll like it here.


MY NEW AUTHOR'S SITE, KATHRYNSTRIPLINGBYER.COM, THAT I MYSELF SET UP THROUGH WEEBLY.COM, IS NOW UP. I HAD FUN CREATING THIS SITE AND WOULD RECOMMEND WEEBLY.COM TO ANYONE INTERESTED IN SETTING UP A WEBSITE. I INVITE YOU TO VISIT MY NEW SITE TO KEEP UP WITH EVENTS RELATED TO MY NEW BOOK.


MY NC POET LAUREATE BLOG, MY LAUREATE'S LASSO, WILL REMAIN UP AS AN ARCHIVE OF NC POETS, GRADES K-INFINITY! I INVITE YOU TO VISIT WHEN YOU FEEL THE NEED TO READ SOME GOOD POEMS.

VISIT MY NEW BLOG, MOUNTAIN WOMAN, WHERE YOU WILL FIND UPDATES ON WHAT'S HAPPENING IN MY KITCHEN, IN THE ENVIRONMENT, IN MY IMAGINATION, IN MY GARDEN, AND AMONG MY MOUNTAIN WOMEN FRIENDS.




Thursday, June 11, 2009

NEVER GONNA GIT IT, NEVER GONNA GIT IT


Pardon my cribbing from hip-hop, but that's what I thought when I saw my big Bro under the tulip poplar barking at a squirrel. His pal, Ace of Dogs, also joined in, but I didn't catch him on my digital. He finally decided to heck with this, and walked back to the house.




Meanwhile, Lord Byron was recovering from having a nasty wart removed. Poor little shaved head. He looks awful, but of course, being Byron, he still considers himself Top of the Line.





In downloading these photos, I found several of Arjun lying by the clothesline. I had forgotten about them. These must have been taken three or four days before he died. It's still difficult to realize he isn't around anymore.



2 comments:

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

You're right - he's never gonna git it. Years ago our cat chased one up a tree. I had a fit and made my husband go up and get the poor cat. Well of course you know what happened next. The darn cat went back up the tree. They are just like children; you have to let them do what they have to do.

Seeing your clothes line made me miss mine in the islands. We didn't have a dryer for most of the time we lived there and used a big three liner one that was very sturdy thanks to my husband's building skills. Then I hurt my shoulder and he had to hang the sheets, towels and clothes for a couple of weeks. Voila - I got a dryer. Worked like a charm.
Sam

Kathryn Stripling Byer said...

Sam, doesn't it work like a charm to have HIM do the dishes or the hanging out of towels, etc.? I've heard this story many times.
How are you? Are you able to eat real food yet?
We also have lots of rabbits. Now that's a critter the dogs could go after and keep 'em out of my garden. But squirrels are more fun. As someone on facebooks called it--"the audacity of hope"!