Welcome to where I am, where my kitchen's always messy, a pot's (or a poet) always about to boil over, a dog is always begging to be fed. Drafts of poems on the counter. Windows filled with leaves. Wind. Clouds moving over the mountains. If you like poetry, books, and music--especially dog howls when a siren unwinds down the hill-- you'll like it here.


MY NEW AUTHOR'S SITE, KATHRYNSTRIPLINGBYER.COM, THAT I MYSELF SET UP THROUGH WEEBLY.COM, IS NOW UP. I HAD FUN CREATING THIS SITE AND WOULD RECOMMEND WEEBLY.COM TO ANYONE INTERESTED IN SETTING UP A WEBSITE. I INVITE YOU TO VISIT MY NEW SITE TO KEEP UP WITH EVENTS RELATED TO MY NEW BOOK.


MY NC POET LAUREATE BLOG, MY LAUREATE'S LASSO, WILL REMAIN UP AS AN ARCHIVE OF NC POETS, GRADES K-INFINITY! I INVITE YOU TO VISIT WHEN YOU FEEL THE NEED TO READ SOME GOOD POEMS.

VISIT MY NEW BLOG, MOUNTAIN WOMAN, WHERE YOU WILL FIND UPDATES ON WHAT'S HAPPENING IN MY KITCHEN, IN THE ENVIRONMENT, IN MY IMAGINATION, IN MY GARDEN, AND AMONG MY MOUNTAIN WOMEN FRIENDS.




Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Legasus Development




Please go to Ruminations from the Distant Hills (gulahiyi.blogspot.com) to find commentary on the huge development being planned for southern Jackson County. I will be posting more about one of the spokeswomen fighting this corporate contamination of our mountain region, Jeannette Cabanis Brewin, a poet who walks the talk and is one of the smartest and most articulate voices we have in western North Carolina.

Go to ncarts.org and link to the archive for December 07 where you can read more of Jeannette's work from her prize-winning chapbook, PATRIATE.

MORE TO FOLLOW ON THIS ISSUE.

2 comments:

Perry Eury said...

I look forward to your profile on Jeannette. Knowing that I would leave out so many individuals deserving of mention, I did not start naming names in the piece I wrote. But if I had, Jeannette would have been at the top of the list. It was a privilege to witness her speaking out with such power and eloquence in defense of the land and the community that we cherish. Thank you!

Susan M. Bell said...

I saw a report on this development on WLOS this morning and was appalled at the idea of such a huge development coming into that area. I've never been there, but what I saw on the report were pictures of a beautiful area. I hate to see it all chopped up and overdeveloped.